First things first, CONGRATS on your engagement! You’re probably going through Pinterest saving all things “Romantic” which means you’re already on the right path. To make sure your Engagement session goes exactly how you and your fiancé have dreamt it I wanted to share a few tips and things to take in consideration to prepare for this day.
1. Location and weather – This will set off the vibe of your shoot. Make sure to keep an eye out for the weather closer to the date. Having a plan B is always a good idea! Better safe than sorry, right?
2. What to wear – It’s your special day, be you! Wear what makes you feel great. Having a style that matches your location will make a beautiful photo. I recommend not to wear exactly the same thing as your partner (you don’t want to look like twins ;). Instead, each wear your own style within a matching color palette.
3. Comfortable shoes – If you’re not wearing flats for the shoot make sure to bring a pair of comfortable shoes. You’ll be happy you did in case you decide to explore the area, go from one spot to another or even just to take a little break!
4. Bring Water – Staying hydrated throughout the shoot is key! Lots of laughter, dancing and spinning around will need to be fueled by water, specially if you are in an open area under the sunshine or in a remote location minutes away from a convenient store. A snack or two wouldn’t be such a bad idea either, depending on the length of your session.
5. Mood Board / Pinterest – Sharing these ideas (all the photos you’ve saved) with your photographer is very helpful. In my opinion, the best way to communicate what you want or what you’re looking for.
Lastly, don’t stress! Bring all the fun and reasons why you fell in love with each other to your engagement session and it will be a great time and memory to keep forever!
Blog post written by: Karla Jordan